Product has patent protection in selected European countries. Patent number: EP3 420822B1
Herring (Clupea harengus) oil and Extra Virgin Olive oil (EVVO) (Picual).
- Herring oil from wild caught North Atlantic Herring by Norwegian and Icelandic vessels.
- EVOO from Spain.
- Fish oil concentrates – High DHA concentrate on triglyceride (TG) basis made from fish oil.
About the ingredients
Herring oil: One of the most abundant species in the world and ours is fished sustainably in the cold clean waters off Iceland. Herring is a particularly rich source of DHA, EPA and Erucic Acid a long chained monounsaturated fatty acid, which in laboratory tests has been found to demonstrate a reduction in artherosclerotic lesions.
EVVO: The Extra Virgin Olive Oil contain high levels of polyphenols, antioxidants. The antioxidants also protects the omega-3s from oxidizing.
Fish Oil Concentrate: High DHA concentrate on triglyceride (TG) basis made from fish oil. The specification is a min 60% TG product with 3.0 – 4.0 mg/g of mixed tocopherols added.
The Mixture: When the fish oils are refined, their natural antioxidants are destroyed leaving the Omega-3s vulnerable. And once ingested most of these Omega-3s will oxidise with no antioxidants to protect them.
By adding EVVO to the Herring Oil, powerful antioxidants, polyphenols, protects the precious omega-3 fatty accids.
In order to provide our recommended 1 g of Omega 3 fatty acids per day – a high quality concentrated omega-3 fish oil has been added.
The production process is closed and digitally controlled. The herring oil is extracted by centrifugation at moderate temperature below 100°C. No additives are used in processing. The refinery has HACCP system implemented and follows The Food Hygiene Regulations
Oil obtained from olives by mechanical procedures or other physical procedures in conditions, mainly thermal, that do not imply the alteration of the oil and which they have not undergone treatment some different one from the washing, the movement the centrifuged one and the filtration. The colour goes from the yellowish tones to the greenish ones. The acidity, expressed in oleic acid, could not be superior to 0,8gr/100gr and whose other characteristics are in agreement to the established ones for this category.
The herring oil is MSC approved (Marine Stewardship Council- Sustainable and environmental approval)
- Halal certification.
- The factory is ISO2015 certified and FDA-, China- and South Korea approved.
- The herring oil refined by Fortuna Oils was also rewarded the “Superior Taste Award” in 2018.
- Color: Light yellow and greenish.
- Odor: Little, due to deodorizing.
- Taste: Normal, with own aromas and characteristic without accusing symptoms of rancidity, alteration or contamination. Distinctive fruity aroma, characteristic of olives, mild peppery aftertaste.
- Additives: Free of additives
- GMO: This product does not contain or has been elaborated with genetically modifies organism. The mixed tocopherol (E306) is of non –GMO and identity preserved quality.
- Allergens: Fish
- Grade: Human. Fortuna Oils is the only factory within the EU that can refine herring oil with human grade.
- Packaging: Barrel, 190 kg/200 l, under nitrogen
- Storage: Avoid direct sun light or strong artificial light as well as heat sources. Its preservation in a cool place protected from light can guarantee its quality for long periods of time.
- Stable product at room temperature. Below 10º C it can appear certain turbidity in the oil mixture due to the EVVO. This process of turbidity is perfectly natural and the oil will return to appear clear in warmer conditions of temperature.
- Shelf life: Minimum 24 months from production date.
How can we help?
Let us talk about how quality refined oils from Fortuna Oils will add important value to your project or product.